Papaya Boosts Disease Resistance Capacity
-By Dr. Sandeep Bose
Health Benefits of Papaya: Papaya is full of numerous medicinal properties. Papaya should be consumed considering it as a medicinal food or nutraceutical. Vitamin C, Vitamin E (in natural form) and anti-oxidants like Beta Carotene are found in abundance in Papaya.
About 90% of Human suffering due to diseases is related to poor digestion and stomach related problems. Papaya is a good source of minerals and vitamins like Vitamin A, Folate, Pantothonic acid, Potassium, Copper, along with being an excellent source of fibre. The presence of calcium, magnesium, vitamin B1, B3, B5, Vitamin E in papaya is very beneficial for the body.
Benefits of Papaya in various diseases
- Beneficial in the digestive system
- Relieves in Arthritis pain
- Controls cholesterol
- Decreases weight of the body
- Increase immunity of the body against diseases.
- Helps in giving vibrant skin color
- Acts against the parasitic worms found in the intestine
- Increases vision of eyes.
- Controls advancement of Cancer and cancerous tissues
- Helpful for patients suffering from heart related diseases.
Nature of Papaya: Papaya is inherently considered to come in category of heat generation in body. Therefore, women are not advised to consume Papaya during pregnancy. They should take the advice of their doctors in this regard before consuming papaya.