Mouth Cancer : Cancer is such a dangerous disease and can happen in any organ of our body. It hurts and affects the body badly. The mouth is one of the main organs of our body as most of the activities are done by it. One of the important activities is the intake of food. Food is the primary source of energy for our body and its intake is done with the help of the Mouth.
Mouth cancer is a situation when the cells of the mouth become cancerous and start growing out of control. In today’s world despite the development of science and various technologies, most people are not aware of various menacing diseases such as cancer. That makes the treatment more complicated. Thus the basic awareness of every disease is required. Here we are going to discuss some important knowledge factors of cancer of the mouth.
Mouth Cancer : Symptoms and Causes
The basic thing we should know about every disease is its symptoms and causes. Symptoms are important to have an early diagnosis that makes the treatment easy.
Here are some common symptoms of Mouth Cancer
- Lumps in the mouth
- Mouth ulcers
- Loose teeth
- Growth or lump
- Mouth pain
- Difficult or painful swallowing
Causes are also an important thing that we should know for particular diseases to prevent them from happening. Here are some primary causes of mouth cancer.
- Poor oral hygiene
- Exposure to the sun
- Family history
- Intake of tobacco
The most important knowledge that we must have is the tips to prevent diseases. Prevention tips are a set of some healthy habits that helps to prevent the disease. These tips do not only help with that disease but also assist our overall health.
Let’s have a look at some of them.
- Stop using tobacco: Chewing or smoking tobacco is one of the main causes of cancer of the mouth. Thus it is strongly suggested that reducing or quitting the tobacco intake is very needed to reduce the chances of mouth cancer. Tobacco affects our body in so many other ways too. It damages the DNA of the body; it is bad for our lungs and hearth-health. Thus avoiding it will be a good step to prevent using tobacco.
- Avoid Excessive sun exposure: Excessive sun exposure to lips is also a cause of cancer in the mouth. We should avoid such exposure to the sun to avoid getting cancer. Consider wearing sunglasses, a scarf, and hats while going outside on a sunny day. Avoiding the direct sun in peak hours is also a good tip to prevent this cancer.
- Maintain your oral hygiene: Oral hygiene plays an important part in the health of the mouth. If you will maintain your oral hygiene then there are fewer chances of developing cancer in the mouth, whereas poor oral hygiene contributes t poor mouth health and increases the chances of cancer development. Brushing your teeth twice a day, regular dental checkups, eating healthy food, are some tips to have good oral hygiene.
- See your dentist regularly:Regular dental checkups are much needed nowadays. It is suggested to consult your dentist on regular basis regardless of that if you have any symptoms of mouth cancer or not because sometimes the symptoms can be only seen in the advanced stages. So it is necessary to have dental checkups even without symptoms.
There is no certainty in our lives as we can’t predict tomorrow. The only thing we can do is to be prepared for every situation that may happen in the future.
The ease in the treatment of mouth cancer depends on the knowledge that you have about it. So here is some knowledge to boost your understanding of this cancer.