What is lung & Lung Cancer?
The lungs are a couple of light, air-filled organs situated on both sides of the chest. Lungs are a very important part of the human respiratory system and the human body. The main function of the lungs is to provide oxygen to red blood cells from the air. Some of the time due to certain reasons lungs get attached to some serious diseases. One of the deadliest lung diseases is Lung Cancer.
Lung cancer is a situation when a tumor starts occurring in the lung. The uncontrolled growth of these cancer cells causes Lung Cancer. The foremost causes and symptoms of lung cancer are the following.
Causes & Symptoms of lung cancer
There are some early signs or symptoms & probable causes of lung cancer. Want to know about them? Read it below.
- Radiation exposure
- Genetic mutations
- Excess alcohol
- Chest pain
- Difficult breathing
Role Of Exercise To Help Prevent Lung Cancer
There are too many diseases that exist nowadays, ranging from minor to major. However, they can be prevented or their risks can be reduced by following some healthy habits. The most popular healthy habit that helps in almost every disease is exercise. Exercise is an activity that requires physical as well as mental efforts to maintain or improve both mental and physical health. Exercise has the potential to prevent or help to prevent every disease. It not only prevents the diseases but to a large extent it also cures so many diseases.
According to studies, Exercise reduces inflammation, helps in weight loss, and boosts the immune system as well thus it can help prevent cancer. One can reduce his or her chances of getting lung cancer developed by doing regular exercise. Apart from prevention exercise also helps to endure lung cancer. Here are 5 exercises that are beneficial in Lung cancer.
- Cardiovascular Exercise: Cardiovascular exercise is known for getting good heart health that makes the respiratory system work more efficiently. The lung is directly connected with the whole respiratory system, thus cardiovascular exercise helps to get a good Lung-Health too. It increases the intake of oxygen in the body. Running, jumping & jogging are considered as some of the good cardiovascular activities.
- Aerobic Exercise: Aerobics exercise helps to keep your body fit. It also keeps your heart healthy and maintains the blood circulation and oxygen cycle in the body. Aerobics exercises include Dancing, walking, and other enjoying activities. It increases the heart rate positively. All these things affect your lungs positively ad ultimately helps in preventing cancer.
- Diaphragmatic breathing: It is a popular breathing exercise that contains various health benefits such as improving the respiratory system & relief from depression and anxiety. It increases the capacity of the lungs for taking oxygen. This exercise is also known as belly breathing. Continuous practice of this exercise can be beneficial to prevent cancer.
- Alternate Nostril Breathing: Alternate Nostril breathing also known as Nadi Shodhan Pranayama is another best breathing exercise whose positive results on lungs can be seen. As it is a breathing exercise it helps in preventing lung cancer yet it improves focus and concentration. It opens up the blockages from the body and the lungs.
- Strength training: Strength training may be beneficial for lung cancer as it increases metabolism. It improves the ability to perform day-to-day tasks. Strength training also supports the lungs to work fluently. It smoothes the process of inhaling and exhaling oxygen. Apart from this, it also provides energy to the lungs and the entire body
To a large extent, we can say that lung cancer is a deadly disease that affects the lungs drastically negatively. However, the risk of this disease can be reduced by proper health measures. Exercise helps a lot in lung cancer & for the overall health of the lungs.
Some Important exercises that are beneficial in preventing lung cancer are discussed here. So read it and apply them to your daily schedule.