The human body is made of six senses that are taste, smell, vision, hearing, touch, and awareness. We all depend on these senses to perform our day-to-day tasks. Vision is one of the important senses among these.
Vision means the ability to see the surroundings. All the things that can reflect the light are visible and the ability to see them is called vision. The eyes are the foremost part of our body that support us to see the things around us thus they become an essential part of our body.
However, due to some unforeseen reasons, our vision ability can be affected as some things cause damage to our eyes. In this article, we are gonna discuss these things deeply.
What are eye diseases?
Eye diseases are health conditions when the optic nerves or some parts of our eyes get damaged due to certain causes. These diseases affect our ability to see the things around us. Now the question comes that how do these diseases occur and what are the signs of these diseases. Let us discuss these things below.
Causes of Eye diseases
Eye diseases do not occur because of any specific reason, it happens due to certain constant reasons that damage the eyes. Here we do have some possible causes that may increase your risk of getting diseases of the eyes.
- Infection and allergies in the eyes
- Eye injury
- Vitamin deficiency
- Unhealthy diet
- Direct eye contact to sun
- Bacterial infections
- Excess exposure to screen
The above are some potential causes of the diseases in the eyes. Knowledge of the causes can help you to avoid them and reduce the risk of the occurrence of disease.
If your body is facing any diseases then it gives you some signs with the help of them you may diagnose the disease. The same happens in the case of eye diseases. If your eyes are diseased and facing any trouble to work then you may experience some signs or symptoms. Here we have some early symptoms of it.
- Red eyes
- Night blindness
- Light sensitivity
- Dry eyes
- Pain in eyes
- Mild or severe headache
- Difficult reading
- Blurred vision
Above are some common signs of diseases in the eyes. Acknowledging these signs will boost your knowledge for sure.
Almost every disease comes with some prevention’s that may reduce the risk of the occurrence of that disease thus eye diseases also have some set of prevention. Continue reading to know about them.
- Wash your eyes regularly: Washing your eyes frequently a day is considered one of the best things you can do to maintain the good eye health. You can wash your eyes with plain water to maintain your eye hygiene. It saves you from various infections that may cause diseases in your eyes thus it is advisable to take care of your eye by washing them frequently.
- Avoid direct eye contact with the sun: Frequent eye contact with the sun can cause drastic damage to your eyes thus it is suggested to avoid the direct contact of eyes with the sun. To change this behavior you can consider wearing sunglasses while you are outside. It saves your eyes from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Eat healthy food: Food plays an important role in maintaining your eye health. Eating food that is beneficial for your eyes can save your eyes from getting diseased. It will not only save your eyes but also help you to keep your body fit and healthy.
- Reduce your screen time: Excess exposure to various screens such as TV, smartphone, laptops, and other gadgets damages our eyes too much. Cutting or reducing your screen time to some extent will gradually improve your eyesight.
Your eyes are an important part of your body and you need to take care of them. We have mentioned some useful information about eye diseases in this article so that you can understand it with better clarity.