Cancer is a minacious disease that can occur in any part of your body. Prostate cancer is a situation when cancer occurs in the prostate, a small walnut-sized gland in males. Malignancy of prostate is likely to develop in men with old age. It is the most common cancer in men. In some cases this cancer grows very leisurely and doesn’t need any treatment, however, in some cases, it can grow rapidly and need some medical attention.
There is a myth in the minds of people about prostate malignancy that it only occurs in the old aged people however, it is a complete myth as this cancer can also occur in men at a young age. The only thing is that old-aged people are more likely to get this cancer than younger ones. These types of myths expand the danger of the disease and muddle the treatment and recovery.
Today we are going to discuss few important things about the cancer of the prostate.
Usually, due to the slow growth of cancerous cells, this cancer doesn’t have any symptoms however few changes in our health can be seen that are caused by this cancer. Let’s have a look at these signs.
- Changes in urination such as frequent urination, pain in urination
- Facing trouble in holding urination
- A decrease in the amount of fluid ejaculated
- Painful ejaculation
- Blood in the urine
- Pressure or pain in the rectum
- Pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips or thighs
The above are some common signs that can be witnessed in the cancer of the prostate. Acknowledging them will help you in an early diagnosis. So do remember them.
Despite of so much researches and studies, the main cause of prostate malignancy is still unknown. The experts believe that malignancy of prostate happens because of the mutations in the DNA of cells. So they have found some causes of these mutations that may contribute to the occurrence of prostate cancer.
- Exposure to Radiation
- Excess chemical exposure
- Family history
- Unhealthy and poor diet
- Lack of activity
- Chronic prostate infections
- Lack of exercise
If you would be known with the causes of this cancer then you can reduce your risk of getting this by avoiding the causes thus the information of these causes become essential.
Diet For prostate cancer
The next thing you should know about prostate cancer is that what one should eat in the cancer of prostate. We all know that food plays an important role in coping with any disease. Here we do have some foods that you can eat for prostate malignancy.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain some effective antioxidants that may lower the risk of developing prostate malignancy. These antioxidants also reduce the damage of cells and repair them as well. Eating tomatoes will be a good step towards coping with this menacing cancer.
- Green-Tea:You all have known the fact that green tea is a super food as it contains some miracle properties that are extremely beneficial for our health. However, green tea also contributes to the good health of our prostate. Studies have shown that the compounds of green tea may lower the risk of the cancer of the prostate.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is one of the healthy veggies we can eat. The compounds of broccoli are associated with a lower risk of prostate cancer. Including this in your diet will lead you to a fine prostate and overall health.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate is another super food you can eat to reduce the risk of prostate cancer. The high level of antioxidants in this fruit helps your body to fight the cancerous cells in the prostate.
Prostate cancer is one of the dangerous cancers that affect men. In this article, you will find some knowledge of prostate malignancy that will be beneficial for you to maintain better prostate health.