The bladder is an important organ of our body. It is a triangle-shaped hollow organ located below the kidney. The main function of the bladder is to maintain urination. It stores urine. The ordinary capacity of the bladder is about 400-600 ml. The muscles of the bladder squeeze during urination.
Many diseases and complications can originate in the bladder due to unforeseen reasons. One of them is bladder cancer. It is a situation when the cells of the bladder become cancerous and start growing out of control.
Bladder cancer can be found in the early stages as the symptoms of this are visible earlier. Here are some symptoms of the cancer of the bladder.
- Blood in the urine: In often cases, blood in the urine can be seen as a symptom of bladder cancer. Urination is the main function of the bladder thus it is one of the major symptoms.
- Changes in bladder habits: Cancer affects the ability of the bladder to work and it can be seen as symptoms of cancer. Having difficulty urinating, burning during urination, frequent urinating are some of the common symptoms.
- Pain in the back: Pain in the lower side of the back is another symptom of the cancer of the bladder. This cancer affects the bones of the back and this can be felt during cancer in the bladder.
- Loss of appetite: Loss of appetite is a common symptom in cancer thus it can be seen in bladder cancer rather than it unintended weight loss is also a common symptom in this cancer.
We have discussed some symptoms of cancer in the bladder. Now the question comes that what causes this cancer? So here we have some primary causes of this cancer that you would like to know.
- Family history: As we all know the genetic history of cancer increases the risk of its occurrence thus if anybody from your family has or had bladder cancer then your risk of getting this cancer is more than usual.
- Smoking: Smoking tobacco is another main cause of this cancer. Tobacco contains some harmful elements that affect the bladder drastically through the bloodstream. Along with bladder cancer, Smoking causes so many other cancers as well.
- Chemical exposure: Some chemicals are deemed bad for the bladder and exposure to these chemicals can contribute to the poor health of your bladder and it can also cause cancer further. These chemicals mostly belong to the dye industry.
- Chronic bladder infections: If you have any chronic bladder disease or an infection in the bladder due to any reason then you have likely more chances to get this cancer in comparison with others. These infections or diseases include urinary infections, kidney stones, and some kidney diseases.
Coming on prevention, there are some tips to prevent bladder cancer from happening. These tips include some health measures that take care of your bladder and increase its immunity to fight cancer and work efficiently.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking is one of the main causes of bladder cancer so quitting or reducing smoking will surely help in preventing it. So consider quitting or reducing your daily tobacco intake.
- Drink plenty of fluids: Various herbal and healthy fluids help the bladder to work efficiently and increase immunity as well. Drinking those helps prevent this cancer and it keeps you hydrated as well.
- Avoid excess exposure to chemicals: Exposure to the chemicals used in the dye industry can cause bladder cancer thus try to avoid these types of exposures.
- Eat healthy food: Intake of Healthy food is always tops in the list of prevention. Food provides us the essential nutrients and energy to endure. If you want to prevent this cancer then try to eat a lot of healthy food like healthy veggies and fruits.
Bladder cancer is a menacing disease and can lead to some consequences. Here we have explained various things about this cancer and also explained that how to prevent it. With the help of these prevention tips and changes in your lifestyle behaviors, you can reduce the risk of getting cancer of the bladder.