What is blood cancer?
Blood cancer is a sort of malignancy that influences the creation and capacity of platelets. It is one of the dangerous cancers among all cancers. Blood is a very important element of the body. Red blood cells provide oxygen to every cell of the body through blood. Blood cancer affects this process that can be dangerous for the endurance of the body.
The common causes of blood cancer include a weak immune system, Genetic mutations, Radiation exposure, and environmental factors as well. Some other reasons are yet to be known.
Symptoms or early signs play a very important part to diagnose any diseases. It also helps in the treatment of diseases. Almost every disease has some symptoms ranging from common to rare. Thus blood cancer has some symptoms too. Here we are sharing the list of common symptoms of blood cancer that will be surely helpful for you.
- Loss of appetite
- Breath shortness
- Pain in bones
- Difficulty in urinating
- Frequent infections
- Severe abdominal pains
Above are the most common symptoms of blood cancer.
Diagnosis of Blood Cancer
As we all know today we are living in the digital age, the age of science and technology. Science has developed the medical sector very efficiently. It has made the diagnosis of almost every disease very easy. There are too many ways to diagnose blood cancer. You can find the most used ways to diagnose blood cancer below.
- Complete Blood Count: It is the most common way of diagnosis for blood cancer. In this test, the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets are counted. Along with it, the hemoglobin of the blood is also counted in it. This is an easy and effective test performed commonly. It shows the effective results for blood cancer diagnosis.
- Bone Marrow Biopsy: Bone marrow biopsy is a general test to examine the bone marrow as the blood cancer initially starts in the bone marrow. This procedure shows that if the bone marrow and blood are healthy or not. It also tests the productivity of bone marrow in making blood cells. It is also an effective method of a blood cancer diagnosis. It is suggested when the common blood test seems to be abnormal.
- Lymph Node Biopsy: Lymph Node Biopsy is another method of diagnosis for blood cancer. In this method, the lymph is removed for examination. It is based on the lymphatic system. It is a critical method that also contains some risks so it is least recommended than Bone Marrow Biopsy. It has so many types like Needle biopsy, Open biopsy, Sentinel biopsy. Preparing for this test is also a big task.
- Spinal Tap: It is a diagnosis process in which the fluid of the lower back is removed for examination purposes. It is a neurological procedure. It is also called a lumbar puncture. It can be performed with a person of any age.
Prevention’s are very important to reduce the risk for any diseases. So additionally we are sharing some preventions of blood cancer here.
- Avoid Tobacco
- Eat healthily
- Limit your alcohol intake
- Doo exercise
- Be hydrated
- Pay attention to yoga
- Avoid excess exposure to radiation
- Be physically active
In this article, we have discussed blood cancer its causes, symptoms, preventions, and the various types for the diagnosis of blood cancer. To a large extent, we can say that it is a deadly disease. Science has developed various ways to diagnose blood cancer.
Knowing causes, recognizing symptoms & the following prevention is the only way to be safe from this disease