What is diabetes?
Diabetes is the most common disease that can be found worldwide. It refers to a group of diseases that affects the way of using blood sugar in your body. Blood sugar is also known as glucose that is considered the primary source of energy for the body. Thus the diabetes is a menacing disease that can affect your body drastically.
Here we are going to discuss the causes, preventions, and the role of Ayurveda in diabetes
Causes of diabetes
When thinking about diabetes the first question that occurs in everybody’s mind is that what causes diabetes? As the main cause of diabetes is yet to be known but according to the studies, there are some factors that cause diabetes.
- Insulin resistance
- Pancreatic diseases
- Unhealthy diet
- Lack of exercise
- Physical inactivity
- Excess sugar intake
- Over intake of alcohol
Prevention’s for diabetes
Despite being a dangerous disease, Diabetes has some prevention. The meaning of the word prevention is a set of some tips that can help in reducing the risk of getting particular diseases. Here are some possible tips for prevention from diabetes.
- Eat healthily: Food is the primary source of energy for our body; it also plays a very essential role in saving the body from various diseases. The risk of diabetes can be reduced by proper eating. Removing excess sugar from the diet, including fruits and vegetables to meals, avoiding deep-fried food are considered some of the best eating habits for diabetes. Green apple, berries, kiwi, pears, broccoli, avocados, green leafy vegetables are some good food for diabetes.
- Exercise is the key: Exercise is the best way to keep your body fit and disease-free. Doing regular exercise is a very popular way of preventing many diseases including diabetes. Some of the good exercises for diabetes prevention are aerobics, cycling, swimming, breathing exercises, walking, and cardiovascular exercises as well. These exercises help a lot in preventing diabetes.
- Say no to alcohol: If you want to live a diabetes-free life then quit your alcohol intake now. Alcohol contains a very high level of sugar. It drastically increases the chances of diabetes. It can cause changes in blood pressure ranging from high to low. It has a large number of calories that increase weight. So either quit the alcohol intake or reduce it for better health.
- Monitor your sugar level: To prevent diabetes is important to monitor your blood sugar level along with blood pressure. It helps to make the situation under control. As we all know precaution is better than cure so monitoring your sugar level is the best precaution for diabetes.
Role of Ayurveda in diabetes
Ayurveda has the potential to help every disease that exists in this world. Ayurveda plays a vital role in diabetes. Ayurveda not only fights diseases but also eradicates them. Following some Ayurvedic tips and using them in your daily life will help in diabetes.
If you are thinking that what are the benefits of Ayurveda in diabetes? So here we are sharing some of them.
- Ayurveda produces a sufficient level of insulin.
- It manages the blood sugar level and blood pressure
- It reduces the insulin resistance
- It boosts the immunity of the body.
- It helps your body to endure diabetes.
Apart from the above Ayurveda also helps in some other aspects of diabetes. Ayurvedic treatments don’t have any side effects that make them the first choice of people.
Diabetes is a very dangerous disease that is caused by the imbalance of blood sugar in the body that is the primary source of energy. Some of the preventions for Diabetes are mentioned here can reduce the risk of diabetes.
We have also discussed the role of Ayurveda in diabetes. So we can say that Ayurveda helps in diabetes to a large extent, thus it should be followed by everyone.