Have you ever thought that how do your body and organs work? The simple answer to this question is that our body works with the energy produce by our body itself. Body produces this energy by the food we eat. Thus food plays a significant role in our body.
Today, we are going to discuss what food should be taken by brain tumor patients and what should be avoided by them. Food contains numerous nutrients that are important for the body to work proficiently. Different food has different nutrients; some contain proteins so some contain vitamins. Thus we cannot live by eating the same food regularly. We should eat various foods to get all nutrients. For the patients fighting with the tumor of the brain, it becomes more important to eat healthy food as their body needs various nutrients to fight the disease.
Let’s have a look at what should they eat and what they shouldn’t.
Foods to Eat
As we all know that brain tumor is a menacing disease so our body needs immunity and strength to cope with it. Here is a list of foods that brain tumor patients should include in their diet.
Diet In Brain Tumor :
- Green leafy vegetables: Green and leafy vegetables are full of anti-inflammatory minerals. These minerals help our immune system fight diseases causing cells. Along with them, they are also packed with many vitamins and other nutrients that can have numerous good effects on our brain and overall health. Thus green leafy vegetables should be an important part of your diet.
- Yogurt: Studies have shown that eating yogurt can help your brain function better. Yogurt is rich in important nutrients. It contains almost every nutrient that our body needs. It relieves stress and anxiety. Yogurt is considered good for mental health. Apart from it, yogurt is also good for immunity.
- Almonds: Almonds are good source of Vitamin E. Almonds are considered brain-friendly food as they are known to preserve memory and boosting alertness. Vitamin E also helps to fight many diseases. Intake of almonds in brain tumors is a good step towards your good health.
- Blueberries: Blueberries contain numerous health benefits for our body and especially for our brain. They contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. They improve the communication between brain cells. They also help by improving memory. Being a healthy fruit, blueberries also plays an important role in our body. Thus intake of blueberries is very good for health.
- Turmeric:Turmeric is considered a super food according to allopathy as well as Ayurveda because of its health-friendly properties. It helps in the growth of healthy cells of the brain and also eases depression. Adding turmeric to your food will make it healthy and enhance its taste as well.
- Dark Chocolates: It is surprising but yes dark chocolate is also a healthy food for the brain if it is free from sugar and saturated fats. The 70 % content of dark chocolate is made of greater cocoa. It helps the brain to perform mental tasks more efficiently. It is also considered a great mood booster. Eating dark chocolate in limit will be beneficial for your brain
Foods to Avoid
Healthy foods make your brain healthy and help in brain tumors Likewise unhealthy food affects your brain drastically negatively. We are sharing some foods that are not good for your brain and you should avoid eating them.
- Sugar beverages
- Deep-fried food
- Refined Carbs
- Red Meat
- Full fat cheese
- Excess salt
The above foods should be avoided by brain cancer patients as they aren’t good for the health of the brain.
The brain tumor is such a threatening disease that needs to be treated. Treatments only support when the body can face them and that ability only comes by eating healthy foods. Here we have shared the knowledge about what one should and what one should avoid in brain cancer.