What is Stomach Cancer?
Stomach Cancer is a condition when the cells of the stomach become cancerous and start growing out of control. His condition is also called Gastric cancer. It is a very threatening type of cancer that needs to be treated as early as possible.
In this article, we are going to discuss some surprising facts about Stomach cancer that you should know. You will surely be delighted to know these facts as they will be beneficial for your knowledge. Before going to our main topic we should have a brief knowledge about this cancer of the stomach that how it happens and what are the signs of it.
Symptoms and Causes of Stomach cancer
Symptoms: The foremost symptoms of gastric cancer are following
- Poor Appetite
- Unwanted weight loss
- Pain in stomach
- Difficult indigestion
Causes: Here are some common causes of this disease
- Poor and unhealthy diet
- Stomach inflammation
- Eating smoked food
Surprising Facts of stomach cancer
As we have discussed stomach cancer in brief so without taking too much time let’s come with our main topic that is surprising facts about cancer. The stomach is a very crucial part of our body, thus there are some facts about cancer-related to it. Let’s have a look at them.
- Difficult to discover: The diagnosis of stomach cancer is very hard as it is difficult to discover. The main reason behind it is that the signs of this cancer are very common and similar to other diseases. This makes the process of diagnosis very critical. It is advised to consult the doctor on witnessing any signs whether it is mild or major.
- Smoking Doubles the Risk: You will be shocked to know that if you are a smoker then your chances of developing gastric cancer is almost double in comparison with a non-smoker. It is because smoking damages the upper portion of the stomach. It is suggested to reduce or quit smoking to get help in preventing this cancer.
- Treatment of Arthritis reduces the risk of cancer in the stomach: Did you know that if your treatment of arthritis is ongoing then somewhere your risk of gastric cancer is reducing. It is because the medication of arthritis is helpful in reducing the risk of this cancer. It is one of the famous facts.
- Occurs in men more than women: Severe studies have shown that men are more likely to get stomach cancer than women. The reason behind it is that women’s hormone estrogens have some protective properties for this cancer. Along with cancer in the stomach, there are some more cancers that are common in men such as liver cancer and colon cancer.
- Bacteria: It is surprising that the main cause of this cancer is bacteria called Helicobacter pylori. Basically, it is responsible for causing sores and inflammation in the stomach and some of the time it can be also a main cause of cancer in the stomach. They live in the digestive tract and cause infection in our digestive system.
Stomach cancer is a disease related to our stomach, one of the important parts of our body. The stomach contains so many vital organs that are responsible to operate our body, thus the importance of the stomach cannot be ignored.
Stomach cancer affects the work efficiency of the body drastically. In this article we have given some basic knowledge of this cancer of the stomach and some surprising facts about it, that will not only shock you but also boost your knowledge. So read this article for a better understanding of gastric cancer AKA cancer of the stomach.