Liver cancer is a situation when the cells of the liver become cancerous. The liver is an organ situated in the upper part of the stomach. In this situation, cancer damages the liver badly and affects its ability to work.
Today we are going to discuss deeply about the various aspects of Liver cancer. So let’s start with the functions of the liver.
Functions of liver
Being an important part of our body liver plays some very significant activities. These activities are very important for our body to endure. Here are some important functions of the liver.
- Production of Bile
- Production of cholesterol and several hormones.
- Storage of vitamins and minerals
- Controls chemical level in blood
- Processes various nutrients from food
- Filters the blood
The above functions make the liver a very essential organ. Along with them, it performs some more tasks such as blood clotting, regulating sugar levels in the blood, and many more.
Symptoms & Causes
It is tough to witness the symptoms of cancer in the liver in an early stage. Thus this thing makes the treatment more complicated. However, some of the common symptoms of liver cancer are following.
- Abdominal pain
- Unintended weight loss
- Difficult in eating
Causes: In the minds of most people the question revolves that how does cancer in the liver occur? Well, the answer to this question is a little difficult as the main reason for this cancer is yet to be known. Although there are some primary causes that may contribute to the development of liver cancer.
- Existing diabetes
- Family history
- Heavy alcohol intake
- Low immunity
- Genetic mutations
The above causes are some commonly known reasons for liver cancer. Avoiding them may help you to reduce the risk of this cancer.
Diagnosis holds an essential part in the treatment of any disease. A timely diagnosis can improve the quality of treatment and reduce complications as well. Here are some diagnosis methods that are used commonly in cancer of the liver.
- Blood tests
- Viral hepatitis test
- Imaging scans
Prevention’s for liver cancer
Being a menacing disease liver cancer has some serious consequences on our health, thus it is required to follow some health measures to prevent this disease. Here are some possible tips of prevention’s for the cancer of the liver.
- Limit Your Alcohol intake: It is proven by various studies and researches that alcohol is bad for your liver health. It damages the liver, affects its ability to work, and may cause cancer in the liver. Thus it is advisable to avoid the excess intake of alcohol.
- Strengthen your immune system: Immunity is the key thing required to fight any disease. It does not only fight the diseases but eradicate them as well. We should make sure that our immune system is well and enough strong to work efficiently. Eating healthy food, being physically active, getting proper sleep are some ways to strengthen your immune system naturally.
- Achieve a healthy weight and maintain it: Obesity is a well-known cause of cancer in the liver, so it would be very effective to have a balanced weight and maintaining it to prevent liver cancer. Healthy weight accommodates some excellent health benefits and keeps you in a good state of health.
- Keep an eye on other diseases: There are some pieces of evidence that some diseases such as diabetes, HBV, and chronic infections & diseases increase your chances of evolving cancer in the liver, so the suggestions are to keep an eye on these diseases too, to keep yourself away from this cancer.
In this article, we have discussed various aspects of Liver Cancer in order to boost our knowledge on this cancer. We hope you have experienced a great time while reading it.
We also hope that you will follow the tips to prevent this menacing cancer mentioned here