The heart is an inevitable organ of the body. Without a heart, we can’t imagine the formation of the body. However, some of the times it gets damaged. This damage affects the body drastically. Heart diseases are a group of diseases related to the heart. As we know heart performs various actions thus these diseases affect the person in various aspects.
What does the heart do?
Illnesses related to the heart are made of various types ranging from minor to major depends on the part of the heart that is affected. To know the various types of heart illness, first, we should know about the various activities performed by the heart. Here is a brief description of the actions accomplished by heart.
- Supplies oxygenated blood to the body through red blood cells
- Maintains the blood pressure
- Supplies the nutrients received from food through blood
- Removes carbon dioxide from the blood
- Controls various hormones through blood
Types of Heart Diseases
Now as we have discussed the various actions performed by the heart, so we can now discuss the severe types of heart diseases. These diseases are caused by the damage occurred to the heart. The anatomy of the heart is very extensive & it is divided into so many parts, thus diseases related to the heart are also divided into so many categories.
Broadly there are 5 types of heart diseases that should be acknowledged by you.
- Rheumatic disease
- Valvular disease
- Hypertensive diseases
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Ischemic Disease
- Rheumatic diseases: Rheumatic diseases are a kind of heart disease in which the valves of the heart get damaged permanently because of rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is an inflammatory disease that can damage the tissues of the heart. This is a very dangerous disease. If this disease remains untreated then it can lead to heart failure.
- Valvular disease: Valvular disease is a disease when the valve of the heart is damaged or diseased. This is a serious condition that can complicate the function of the heart as the valves are a very important part of the human heart. This disease affects the ability of valves of opening and closing during a heartbeat.
- Hypertensive diseases: Hypertension also called high blood pressure is a condition when blood flows with high pressure in the body & when it affects and damages the heart, it is called Hypertensive disease. It can cause severe heart disorders. It also narrows the arteries and can thicken or enlarge the heart as well. Because of its complications, this disease is also considered one of the serious heart diseases.
- Cerebrovascular disease: Cerebrovascular disease is a condition when the ability of the heart to circulate the blood in the brain is affected. This situation may cause stroke further. The main cause of this disease is smoking and a high intake of alcohol. Cerebrovascular disease is a very extensive disease among all heart diseases.
- Ischemic disease: In this disease, the blood circulation in a particular organ of the body gets disturbed. It happens due to narrowed vessels. It can cause blood clots as well. This disease occurs with Valvular diseases sometimes. Hypertension, stress, smoking are the common causes of this disease.
Causes of Heart Diseases
After discussing the types of heart diseases let’s come with the causes of Heart diseases. The root cause of Heart illness is an unhealthy lifestyle. Here are some possible causes of the same.
- High Blood Pressure
- High cholesterol level
- Family history
The above are some common causes of hearty illnesses. Reducing them can help in reducing the risk the same.
The heart is the root organ of the body thus saving it from various diseases is a must. There are too many types of diseases related to our hearts. To save yourself from these diseases it is important to educate yourself about the various types of them.
Here we have discussed the severe causes of heart illnesses too. That is important to know to reduce them.